To round off an eventful year here at Crunchy on the Outside, we have put together a quiz for you combining our two favourite things: Insects and Christmas!
There are ten questions in the video. Each of the answers is formed by smashing together the two clues. One clue is about insects, the other about Christmas. We’ve included a couple of examples at the start to help you get the hang of it. Don’t worry if a question seems tricky, it’s just for fun and we’ve included some clues below.
- The scientific name of this insect is Colletes hederae.
- You will find out about what these scientists study here: https://crunchyontheoutside.com/category/people/
- We wrote about these insects in the summer: https://crunchyontheoutside.com/2021/07/05/chafers/
- Complete title of the song: Clue: “It’s the most wonderful….”.
- This insect may seem holy, but it’s looking for prey.
- Find out the name of this group of insects here: https://oumnh.ox.ac.uk/files/2insectidpdf-0
- This beetle is named after another horned animal.
- We wrote about this insect recently: https://crunchyontheoutside.com/2021/11/29/the-delightful-december-moth/
- You’ll need to know the scientific name for the wingcases/hardened forewings of a beetle.
- Find the name of this group of insects here: https://oumnh.ox.ac.uk/files/2insectidpdf-0
Good luck! We’ll publish the answers on the blog on Christmas Eve, so keep an eye out for them. Let us know how many you got right!
Best wishes for Christmas and the new year from all of us at the Crunchy blog!
Kate, Rodger & Susie
2 thoughts on “Christmas Quiz 2021”
[…] Christmas Quiz 2021 […]
[…] you enjoyed that, you might like to have a go at our ‘Answer Smash’ quiz from last […]